Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Amazing

Just got an XL egg a couple of days ago. Been playing with temp control. Tonight I wanted to simulate a smoke temp. Lite fire and 20 minutes later I had lid shut, daisy wheel set, bottom vent set with temp approaching 200. Set everything based upon some other threads and 3 hours later temp is still holding 230--250. To me this is awesome. Done fighting other smokers every 30 minutes trying to get to temp. These eggs are the real deal!
·

Comments

• Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    Welcome to the club, I would recommend a remote temp thermometer for overnights, just for added sleep security.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited February 2013
    Best way to figure out temp, just fire it up! I did the same with my small to learn the difference from my large. We like pictures here so throw some meat on and share a post. Welcome to the obsession..
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,964
    edited February 2013
    Welcome aboard! Now you can spend time with your family instead of tending to your pit. However, I'm sure some still kick back with a cold beverage and watch paint dry.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Welcome - time to go out and find something big to cook on that monster, 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Welcome.  Just wait until you taste the food you cook.  You'll stop eating out as often for sure.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • Welcome aboard!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Nice to have you. Can't wait to see pics of your cooks in the future.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I also just bought a XL last week. Did my first baby back ribs yesterday turned out great. No problem with the temp. Look forward to doing a low and slow ovrnight packer.
    ·
  • Kinda funny because now I am struggling around the 5-6 hour mark. Gonna get it though.
    ·