Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A Little Help guys

Bob923Bob923 Posts: 16

I'm going to do my first beef Chuck or Rump Roast, any ideas out there would be appreciated.

Comments

• ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,815
    edited February 2013

If you're talking about a chuck roast (beef shoulder), simply cook it just like you would a pork butt, only pull it at 205-210.  I cook mine at 250 grid temp (about 275 dome temp).  I rub right before I put it on and don't open the lid until it reaches temp.  Easy and the best "BBQ meat" you'll make on the egg, in my opinion.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Go to the recipe section on the Dizzy Pig website and look at Clays pulled beef, you won't be disappointed!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,251
    Try a search here (likely pretty weak) or google pulled beef and Big Green Egg in your query-lots of options but as @ChokeOnSmoke says-about the best you can do on the BGE.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker