Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Decisions decisions

I am trying to decide which route I want to take. I have been looking at getting the partyq and maverick temperature probe. But for about $50-60 more dollars I could get the digiq. Has anyone bought one from ebay? they have some for $275 with free shipping.

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Paid 300 plus tax in store. Are they used or brand new?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Good price if the feedback is consistent? Don't know how the warranty works by being sold on that site
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I love my digiQ and highly recommend it, I have bought lots of things on eBay and luckily haven't had any issues.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    DigiQ has a ramp mode which allows you to ramp the pit temp down to the target food temp. If you already own a dual probe thermo, I think the partyQ is the ticket. I also like the partyQ one piece design and no power cords, just have to buy some batteries. 275 seems a little lite for a digiQ. What size fan? Are both probes included? Does it have the adapter? BGE sells theirs for 300 - 310 because it is all packaged up and has BGE branding printed on it. I think the going price for one from DigiQ is 295 + shipping.