Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous vide and Dizzy Pig

Finally, I cooked my first appetizing looking chicken breasts that were cooked perfectly to my liking with lots of flavor. I like to cook up a bunch of breasts, slice them thin and snack on them when I need a little nosh and for over my salad. Perfect! 144 for 1:40. In the bag I had 3 chicken breasts with 1/3 cup canola oil and a lot of Dizzy Pig jamacian fire walk. Yummy! They came out of the bag and looked appetizing without having to do anything else. Also mastered hard boiled eggs. Somewhere I was reading a guy asked "why" would someone cook them sous vide. Well, let me tell you the texture of the egg is so much better than I have been able to accomplish in my 40 some odd years of marriage and cooking. I am so happy to be finally getting a handle on cooking in hot water. Tomorrow is turkey breast.
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    yay!  There's a learning curve, like a stall, ya just gotta power through it.  Nice!
    The thing that is astonishing, if perplexing, w. SV eggs is how different they come out depending on just a few degrees difference.

I love just set yolks, and mush them up into a sort of sauce. As I'm sure you will find, that is possible every time w. SV.
  • GrannyX4, did you finish on the egg or eat straight from the SV?
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Nola - it was a big Yay! I was beginning to think I had made a BIG $500 mistake. Gdenby - I'm going to work on that one next. Creamy yolks with somewhat firm whites is what I'm going to strive for. Tomorrow. Burr - nope, they just came out of the bag and with Dizzy spices and oil they looked pretty good. Could have browned them but I was just going to slice them and store in the fridge to use on a need to eat basis.
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Tsunami Spin & Butter with my boneless skinless
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    GrannyX4 said:
    Finally, I cooked my first appetizing looking chicken breasts that were cooked perfectly to my liking with lots of flavor. I like to cook up a bunch of breasts, slice them thin and snack on them when I need a little nosh and for over my salad. Perfect! 144 for 1:40. In the bag I had 3 chicken breasts with 1/3 cup canola oil and a lot of Dizzy Pig jamacian fire walk. Yummy! They came out of the bag and looked appetizing without having to do anything else. Also mastered hard boiled eggs. Somewhere I was reading a guy asked "why" would someone cook them sous vide. Well, let me tell you the texture of the egg is so much better than I have been able to accomplish in my 40 some odd years of marriage and cooking. I am so happy to be finally getting a handle on cooking in hot water. Tomorrow is turkey breast.
    What temp and how long are you cooking your hard boiled eggs?

Paqman, I cook jumbo eggs at 168 for 45 minutes.