Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the cob

Options
Direct or indirect ?
What's the easiest and best way ,temp, and time?

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Husks on, direct at 350 - 400 for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes.  After it's cooked, let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes, then cut the husk end off, grab the silk end and let the ear fall out of the husk.  All the silk remains with the husk.
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Raised direct 400 and I do corn already shucked.  Rotate every 3 minutes until you start seeing some color change and hearing a kernel or two pop.  Very simple and very good.
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Shucked, direct in foil with butter and butt rub until you can smell the corn.
  • JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    Options
    I have tried all different ways and prefer shuck on, and ends of husk slightly trimmed. Regardless,  the trick is to soak in water for 30 minutes before cooking
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I've done it both ways and now I mostly shuck them first. One main reason is you're not trying to shuck hot corn, which can be a trick, and you always have silk that gets burned and ends up everywhere including your other food if your not careful.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser