Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First overnight cook and my fire went out!!! Start another one and keep going or call it a day?

Options
2»

Comments

• hammerg26
    Options
    Excellent - that is what I do when I cook the turkey... I am not sure why I was so scared, unknown I guess... but that is what I am doing now - I just hope it was not too late. :(
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yes black hole can happen, But in my experience when the dome temp lowers the fan kicks on and stokes the edges of the "hole" and your fire doesn't extinguish. I have never had a low fire go out with my digiQ. I have without it. Just saying.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Do you have the standard grate? Possibly your holes are clogged. Rig a "wiggle rod" by bending a metal skewer 90 degrees at the end, stick it in a few grate holes from below, and wiggle. You should get better airflow. 

Look into getting a High-Que. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Not while sleeping.
  • chicagomike
    Options
    Follow up regarding the 4 hour rule and the suspect shoulder. 

Every last scrap of everything was eventually eaten, it was great. My personal favorite was a pulled port and egg (over medium) sandwich for breakfast. Damn!