Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Back Ribs question

AltonAlton Posts: 432
Doing Ribs for the game tomorrow . Question : do I apply mustard then dry rub or dry rub then mustard?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
·

Comments

• chad408chad408 Posts: 140
    Mustard then rub the mustard just holds the rub
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,725
    chad408 said:
    Mustard then rub the mustard just holds the rub

This

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • I've never had a problem with the meat holding the rub even when applied dry. Nothing against the mustard method, but just haven't found a need for it. But then again, i dont use vertical racks when i cook so maybe it helps for that type of application. Also, if i plan ahead, I will rub the slabs down in brown sugar the night before and wrap in foil. Then apply my rub on the next day about 10-15 mins before they go on the egg. Never had any issues either way, though. To each his own, I guess.
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,652
    I go mustard then rub. I have seen champs @ KCBS go rub, mustard, rub some more. For me it's about how aggressive your rub is and how much you want to apply. I like to taste the meat a little. Right?
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    I like Rub, Mustard, and Rub. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·