Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters, Tuna, & Stir Fry

I picked up a few oysters and some tuna at the fish market today. I forgot to get a pic of the tuna before it got marinated in soy sauce, honey, and wasabi powder....ala Alton Brown. We enjoyed the oysters for lunch, and then started getting the tuna and stiry fry stuff ready.

Tuna marinated and rolled in some dark sesame seeds. Then onto a very hot Egg for about 60 sec a side. Slice up thin with some soy/honey dipping sauce. Also had some wasabi that didn't make into the pic.

After the tuna was done, I added a bit more charcoal and put the spider in. Once the smoke was clear, I put the newly acquired wok from The Wok Shop in the Egg to heat up. After that, it all goes pretty quick. I must say that I really like wokking on the Egg as compared to wokking indoors. So much easier, and no smoke to deal with in the house!

The stir fry was beef, broad rice noodles, and chinese broccoli. I think it turned out pretty darn good for my first cook in this wok, and first wokking on the Egg.

Comments