Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket & Butt

Options
Does anyone have experience cooking these together?  I'm going to do both tomorrow night and wonder if I should start the 14lb packer before the 8lb butt.  The butt is alot thicker than the elongated packer so I'm thinking that when my butt gets to 200º, they'll both be done (or at least pretty close).
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    I'd go ahead and start them at the same time, the butt can be put in a cooler to rest while the packer finishes, How hot are you planning on having the dome temp?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hoofaloos
    Options
    No more than 250 but probably around 235

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    The first thing you should do is invite me over...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hoofaloos
    Options
    henapple said:
    The first thing you should do is invite me over...
    Lol.  As long as you'll be in the greater Anchorage area.  I'm sure I will make far too much food for the 15-20 folks that will be here.  Always a ton of leftovers for the wife to give away at work

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    try 275ish, i think you will have a closer timing on the 2 and the egg seems to have a sweet spot around there.  just an idea.  225 is alright but it can make timing a craps shoot especially when these beasts hit the stall.  

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    275 is safe and prolly good idea, are you able to monitor the temps in each piece of meat? Can you post pics and updates of this endevor??

XLBGE 
  • hoofaloos
    Options
    I'll definitely post the results.  I plan to monitor the pork with the digi q and use the thermopen to check the brisket