Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question: Rig Extender Pizza

I've got a good crowd coming over for the game on Sunday and will be making 7-10 pizzas throughout the night.

I have a 13" stone, a 16" stone, AR, rig extender, and spider.

I like to do high temp cooks -- 600* or so. Under normal circumstances (cooking just one pizza) I don't use an indirect piece -- just the stone sitting on top of the rig extender. Does anyone have experience doing multiple pizzas at high temps? I'm still going to cook just one at a time, but do I need to install an indirect piece to keep the main cooking stone from getting too hot?

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    edited January 2013

I do 2 pizzas at once quite often. Here is a post from the other forum...let me know if you have questions..

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1237602&catid=1

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I do 2 pizzas at once...sorry for the typo
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,579
    So whats the deal with this other forum,you have to click on each link to read a tread?You can't just see all the posts on one page like on here ..am I missing something?? I wanna check some posts over there its just such a pain to have to click on a link for each response!!!?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I don't have your setup so I don't have an exact answer, but I did two pizzas at the same time last night. I used the platesetter legs up then my swing rack with a stone on the bottom rack so with my setup I would recommend a two stone setup, but using a stone inplace of the platesetter I don't know the exact answer to. I have a woo and stone setup for my small and haven't found a setup that matches the platesetter on my large, yet.. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.