Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question: Rig Extender Pizza

Options
I've got a good crowd coming over for the game on Sunday and will be making 7-10 pizzas throughout the night.

I have a 13" stone, a 16" stone, AR, rig extender, and spider.

I like to do high temp cooks -- 600* or so. Under normal circumstances (cooking just one pizza) I don't use an indirect piece -- just the stone sitting on top of the rig extender. Does anyone have experience doing multiple pizzas at high temps? I'm still going to cook just one at a time, but do I need to install an indirect piece to keep the main cooking stone from getting too hot?

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    edited January 2013
    Options

I do 2 pizzas at once quite often. Here is a post from the other forum...let me know if you have questions..

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1237602&catid=1

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I do 2 pizzas at once...sorry for the typo
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    So whats the deal with this other forum,you have to click on each link to read a tread?You can't just see all the posts on one page like on here ..am I missing something?? I wanna check some posts over there its just such a pain to have to click on a link for each response!!!?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I don't have your setup so I don't have an exact answer, but I did two pizzas at the same time last night. I used the platesetter legs up then my swing rack with a stone on the bottom rack so with my setup I would recommend a two stone setup, but using a stone inplace of the platesetter I don't know the exact answer to. I have a woo and stone setup for my small and haven't found a setup that matches the platesetter on my large, yet.. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.