Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goodbye folks

124»

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I'm not a trained psychologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    edited January 2013
    Welcome back VI....I don't blame you for getting bummed out after going through all the trouble of posting recipe, cropping photos and etc...and then site won't let you post. You should of just seen me filing my taxes on my computer. Had them all done and ready to submit efile and the stupid HP windows laptop has a error and shuts down...
  • IrishDevl

Welcome back VI....I don't blame you for getting bummed out after going through all the trouble of posting recipe, cropping photos and etc...and then site won't let you post. You should of just seen me filing my taxes on my computer. Had them all done and ready to submit efile and the stupid HP windows laptop has a error and shuts down...

Welcome back? He hardly left.
  • IrishDevl

@IrishDevl welcome back!

Well thank you.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Welcome back.  I think we all hope the doc's have your med's straight.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Gary, glad to have you back. Now please tell my why my egg and noodles stuck in my wok last night. My wok is seasoned well too.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Chubbs said:
    Gary, glad to have you back. Now please tell my why my egg and noodles stuck in my wok last night. My wok is seasoned well too.

Gary has had a busy night  so I might hope to answer until he gets back on.

Sounds like the wok may have been too hot or there was not much oil in it.  Even well seasoned woks sometimes act up.

• Chubbs
    Plenty of oil.. recipe called for 1/2 cup of oil. That is a ton in a wok. In hindsight I think the noodles were just a little wet. Wife cooked those inside and brought them out to me while I was heating the wok and preparing the mise en place. Dont think they were drained enough.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Chubbs said:
    Plenty of oil.. recipe called for 1/2 cup of oil. That is a ton in a wok. In hindsight I think the noodles were just a little wet. Wife cooked those inside and brought them out to me while I was heating the wok and preparing the mise en place. Dont think they were drained enough.

1/2 cup?? sounds like enough to do some deep frying. Hope the water in the noodles did not splatter and burn you.  In my 14/16" I never used mpre than 3/4-1 oz for the cooking. Just drizzel it down from the side half way up.  I use  a bottle with a pour spout from a whiskey bottle, but any plastic container like you see at restaurants for the sauces will work.

• Who cares?

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Chubbs

Chubbs said:

1/2 cup?? sounds like enough to do some deep frying. Hope the water in the noodles did not splatter and burn you.  In my 14/16" I never used mpre than 3/4-1 oz for the cooking. Just drizzel it down from the side half way up.  I use  a bottle with a pour spout from a whiskey bottle, but any plastic container like you see at restaurants for the sauces will work.

I know. Crazy, right? I put it in and saw how much it was in there then scooped a lot out once wok coated. I thought it was crazy too.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Who cares?

You really are a peach ain't ya Sam

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chubbs
    Who cares?

Someone piss in your cheerios this AM?
  • IrishDevl
    Chubbs said:

Who cares?

Someone piss in your cheerios this AM?

My man is a truth seeker.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    VI didn't say he was returning.  Sounds like he just came back to make his point more clear as to why he left in the first place.  But, welcome back VI, if you're truly back.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009