Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb breast

Options
So I found this 2 pack of lamb breast at the supermarket. Anyone tried these before? I figured they look like ribs, so why not. They were inexpensive too.

Any suggestions for seasoning them? Not sure what direction to go. I have just about the whole dizzy pig catalog in my spice rack. I was also thinking of going the garlic route on it. Probably do each one different, since I'm not too sure what will come out best.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited January 2013
    Options
    There was a guy at Toronto eggfest a couple if years ago thet did them. He went raised indirect at about 325* They were spectacular. I just came home with 4 three packs of shanks for around ten bucks a package.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Options
    Do you remember what the flavor profile was like? I'm pretty confident I can get the, to cook tender, but I am worried about getting a good flavor.

Shank three packs for $10, sounds like a win. How do you prep those up?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited January 2013
    Options

Season, sear and braise. I have used a tajine the last few times. Just damn good! I'm thawing these and going to sous vide tonight and grill tomorrow.

This guy was a high end butcher in Toronto and used his own lamb specific rub. I would say Dizzy Dust with added garlic, thyme and rosemary. The lamb flavour is pretty strong and just needs a compliment. Need to get on that soon but they are hard to find

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options
    The DP RedEye is really tasty with lamb. I use that or my standby, olive oil, fresh chopped rosemary, garlic, s&p, and lemon. Both are excellent.
    George