Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Attempt at Wok Hei (Not quite there but damn it was good) (Oh and lots of pics)

r270ba
r270ba Posts: 763
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Finally finished Breath of a Wok...very good read.  Thanks to all who have helped me on this new culinary journey.  Thought I would share some pics from my first attempt.  We decided to go with Mongolian Beef which I know is an American made Chinese recipe but my family loves it and my son can't eat it most places because of an egg allergy.  It was a pretty big hit even for the first attempt.

My egg was frozen solid so I used a burner...it was soooo windy out that I had to use the burner in the garage.  I am from SC and this kind of sanitary cooking is acceptable :))

The last picture is of my wok cleaned.  Any suggestions on the look of seasoning?  Does it look ok?  Anything else I should do?

Thanks for looking!
Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments