Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New England Eggfests?

I've been seeing posts going up the last week or so about Eggfests in other parts of the country. I was wondering if there are any Eggfests worth going to in New England and if so, where and when? TIA.

Jim
3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    never gone but this ones usually in june
    http://www.newegglandfest.com/
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Isn't there one in Niagra or somewhere near there? Some sort of icecicle fest?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Griffin-Niagara Falls is about 330 miles west of the line of demarcation for New England.  I realize everything is bigger in Texas and 300+ miles is a morning commute so maybe some hearty New Englanders will make the trek :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    300 miles? Is that all? That's nothing. We drive that to get to the ranch. (I kid, I wish we were closer)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    in newengland a hundred miles is the other end of the world, you change the oil, check the plugs, rotate the tires , make sandwiches for the trip etc
    fukahwee maine

• allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    in newengland a hundred miles is the other end of the world, you change the oil, check the plugs, rotate the tires , make sandwiches for the trip etc
    Not to mention 100 miles= 1.799 stops @ Dunkin Donuts for coffee, stretching, and bathroom duties.
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• fishlessman
    allsid said:
    Not to mention 100 miles= 1.799 stops @ Dunkin Donuts for coffee, stretching, and bathroom duties.
    a few years back i was coming back from the woods, truck parked at the side of the highway and met up with the blue lights, was asked if i was drinking.... ah yep,,,, we walked over to the truck so he could see all the empty dd cups
    fukahwee maine

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited January 2013
    Not to mention 100 miles often gets you in to a completely different state. In my case it is often the State of Confusion. I live five minutes from New Hampshire, 45 minutes from Vermont and about an hour each from Maine, Connecticut & Rhode Island. I'm guessing there are probably ranches in Texas bigger than some of the New England states.

But seriously I probably won't make the one in upstate New York, That is an 8 Hour drive for me. I sometimes would drive through Niagara on my way out to Detroit. Although I do plan on trying to go to this years Eggtoberfest in Atlanta, I am thinking I'll confine any other Eggfests to the New England area. Hence my original question.

Jim
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    The Neweggland Fest in Brentwood, N.H. is June 22 this year.
  • fishlessman
    ive had my credit card shut down because i used it in three states in one day, a cross country spending spree according to the texan working for capital one as i tried to explain it was all within a 30 minute drive. was told if i was leaving the state like that i should call them in advance and tell them about my vacation plans
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    ive had my credit card shut down because i used it in three states in one day, a cross country spending spree according to the texan working for capital one as i tried to explain it was all within a 30 minute drive. was told if i was leaving the state like that i should call them in advance and tell them about my vacation plans
    That's why I hate Capital One. Thank you for posting this, I cannot with out expletives and veiled threats. 
  • fishlessman
    That's why I hate Capital One. Thank you for posting this, I cannot with out expletives and veiled threats. 
    i have the same feelings with citibank, my first dealings with them was 30 years ago, the womans name was mrs rock
    fukahwee maine

• jfm0830
    Sadly it isn't just Capital One. BofA shut down my credit card just as I was charging a room up in a bed-and-breakfast in Maine. I taken out money near my house in Massachusetts in the morning, charged something in New Hampshire on the way up to Maine and when I went to charge my room they shut my credit card down. I hate them with a fiery passion.
  • jfm0830
    edited January 2013
    hornhonk said:
    The Neweggland Fest in Brentwood, N.H. is June 22 this year.
    @hornhonk Have you gone to that one? Who puts it on and how big is it? Sorry for the questions, but I hadn't heard that name before. I went to their website, but there wasn't a lot of info other than some pictures. It did look like Dr. BBQ put in an appearance one year. TIA 

Jim
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    jfm0830 said:
    Sadly it isn't just Capital One. BofA shut down my credit card just as I was charging a room up in a bed-and-breakfast in Maine. I taken out money near my house in Massachusetts in the morning, charged something in New Hampshire on the way up to Maine and when I went to charge my room they shut my credit card down. I hate them with a fiery passion.
    Shockingly, all of our issues are with national chains. I never remember having theses problems before my local chain was bought out.  :-<
  • fishlessman
    jfm0830 said:
    Shockingly, all of our issues are with national chains. I never remember having theses problems before my local chain was bought out.  :-<
    as much as i hate citibank, the easiest refinance i ever did was with them last month, 1 telephone call, locked rate, no aprasals, no paperwork swapped, no questions, no costs, and everything got done within a few weeks. girl from boston drove up and everything was signed in 5 minutes, done. lowest rate i could find and everyone said dont do it
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Been to the NH Fest and they do one heck of a job. Nice staff working to help all of their guests. Good set up area. Really nice day as long as Little Steven doesn't show up and haunt people! hehehehe
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    6/22 may just be the day I finally pull the trigger. I am going to mark the calendar now.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    It was a lot of fun last year. We're going to try and attend again this year.