Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cedar Table almost finished

Need some stain, handles, and other miscellaneous hardware, but it's about finished. It's not as nice as other tables I have seen. It came out pretty well though.
photo.JPG 606.8K
·

Comments

• Looks good from here!
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    Looks very nice to me.

Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,966
    Looks great...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    How about a pic of the other side? :)

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,657
    Nice job!  Looks good and making it yourself makes it special.

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    Nice work
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 385
    Looks great.  Are you going to stain it, or just let the cedar age naturally? 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 385
    check that...I just re-read your post.  What do you plan to stain it with?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • I did some research on it, basically i read dont use any laquer or varnish, since it has no UV protection it will blister and flake later and then to refinish you will need to sand it. I am going to use a semi transparent stain/sealer in one. That should hold for about 3 years. Then to refinish i just need to re-stain it.
    ·
    Marine spar varnish, several coats applied with sanding between coats, will give you a nice stain-resistant finish. 

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Nice job!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Here it is stained
    ·
  • KempyKempy Posts: 186
    Great looking table.  Very similar to the one I want to build.  Only difference is that I want to try to make my own concrete countertop and maybe put another drawer over the cabinet on the right hand side.  I'm going to start sketching out my plans on mine in the near future to build this spring.  If you have any plans drawn up, I'd be interested in looking at them.  I'm not too proud to steal a good idea.
    ·
  • Is that a pop knot??
    ·
    very nice!

·
  • Looks great
    ·
  • Nice table - Looks like 5/4 decking, one of my favourite outdoor building materials. Keep it sealed and it will last a long, long time. Great job!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks like a great home for your egg!  =D> I'm a big fan of cedar and DIY egg projects. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • I had planned to build a concrete top. But i was going to have to build a form. It's very cheap to make a concrete top but it would have taken me a day or so longer and I was pressed for time.
    ·