Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mail in warranty

Options
Just curious guys. I did the mail in warranty card with my egg when I bought it. Never got anything back. Egg is too dirty at the moment to read serial number and no clue where receipt is.

Don't need to do a claim but I'm curious if I should call mothership to dwell deeper or am I covered? Anyone else do mail in card?

XLBGE 

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    I think I did online. I too would like to know if there is a way to check on registration status. Ty, Mr. Nurse.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I did it online and got a copy of receipt just in case, but I didn't even need it last week.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited January 2013
    Options
    My first three eggs were mailed in green cards and my last was done on-line.  I have the receipts for all of my eggs but like you have always wondered the registration status.  Back in December I sent customer service an inquiry as to whether they had record of all.  It took a couple weeks but they returned an email stating they had record of all four.  He did make mention that if they were green card warranty registered it takes them a little longer to find as it is a different database than the internet registration.  Just shoot them an email with your name, address at the time of registration and place that you purchased.  Be patient, they will get back to you.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Called my dealer. He also keeps records of sales and invoices. Told him my name and he pulled up date my address egg and serial number. Told me no worries if my egg ever has trouble he knows he sold it and will warranty any part of it

XLBGE 
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Options
    Called my dealer. He also keeps records of sales and invoices. Told him my name and he pulled up date my address egg and serial number. Told me no worries if my egg ever has trouble he knows he sold it and will warranty any part of it
    I guess this is my  reasoning for me dealing with my local Egg store ......even though I have to pay more.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

I had sent them an email a while back and asked the same question also.

BGE stated that they do not mail anything back but to keep your receipt and all records of your BGE. So i have thrown all my BGE stuff into my safe.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options

I would ask for a copy in case he ever goes out of business.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

I would ask for a copy in case he ever goes out of business.
    For sure

XLBGE