OK so last week I spatched a chicken and it turned out good, but not amazing. This weekend I did things a little differently.
1. I deskinned the entire raw chicken.
2. I put it in a brine of 1 cup salt and 1\2 cup sugar for 6 hours.
3. Spatched it
4. Rubbed with coconut oil
5. Finally put on Raging River as a rub
6. Calibrated both egg thermometer and meat thermometer. (I don't have a thermapen yet).
7. Put the chicken on at 400 for about 50 - 60 min until 160 in the breast.
8. Let sit uncovered on the counter for about 30 minutes.
Crap dang was that good chicken. My daughter who doesn't like spice even devoured it. I know I know no pictures and t didn't happen.
Now the bones are making some homemade chicken stock for soup later in the week.