Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

long table

Options
I am almost done building my table.  What is the best way to set a large egg into the table without droping it or hurting myselfimage

Comments

• SigP
    SigP Posts: 25
    Options
    I just put mine in a table yesterday. Took the dome off and removed the insides. My wife and I were able to easily set the base in the table. Put it all back together and voila - egg in the table.
  • REMtx
    REMtx Posts: 63
    Options
    I used a potlifter with my father. My egg was assembled by the dealer but I had to drop in my table myself. I took all the insides out (firebox,firering, firegrate, grid, etc). I used the potlifter to carry the egg from the car to my patio near the table.  I put a small stool in front of the table as a intermediate step.  Shortened the handle of the potlifter a bit and lifted it to the stool, took a breather, then from stool to table.  Then undid the straps and pot lifter underneath.  Pretty simple.  A potlifter is about 15-20 bucks.  I bought it at a nursery nearby.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I set my large in my table all by myself.Do like @sigp says and take egg completely apart, set base ( i put my hand insinde the egg and grabbed the bottom draft door) then firebox, fire ring then put dome on. I did it with ease!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE