Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spare Ribs and a BIG cookie!

Decided to smoke up some St. Louis Style Spares for dinner tonight.  Used Hickory for the smoke....I placed 4 chunks in their for the ribs, with the intention to remove what was left of the wood before placing on the Cast Iron Skillet cookie.  I removed 3 of them, but couldn't find the 4th....and I didn't want a hickory smoked chocolate chip cookie, so I had to use the oven instead of baking it on the BGE.  ;)  Many thanks to Griffin for the idea about the CI skillet cookie.  It earned me some much needed brownie points from my wife.  :)

Also whipped up some Memphis-style Mustard Slaw to go with the ribs...

And then cooked up the Chocolate Chip and M&M Cast Iron Cookie for dessert... :)  I will bake it on the egg next time, but like I said, I couldn't find that last wood chunk to save my life tonight.  I used Martha Stewart's recipe for the most part, but added some M&M's in the mix...

My wife and I have been on a low carb kick lately, so this was definitely off our diet.  But you gotta splurge every now and then.  ;)  The cookie was amazing!!  Topped the warm, chewy cookie with some Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzled on some hot chocolate.  Daaang...  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments