Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grid temperature 65 degrees below dome temp?

I have a pork butt I put on the egg at 9:45 pm last night. When I went to bed at 1 am the grid temp was holding steady around 225 and dome temperature had been running 25-50 degrees above grid temperature. When I just checked on it a little bit ago the dome temperature was reading around 150 but the grid temperature was still at 215. I opened up the daisy wheel because I was concerned that maybe my fire was going out and the grid temperature started climbing immediately. The dome temperature has started climbing a little bit too. It is 43 degrees out right now and that is what the temperature was last night when I lit the egg. Any ideas what is going on? Also, I might be running a little short on time. I need to feed people at 11:30 this morning. The internal temperature of the butt is 160. At what point should I wrap the butt in foil?

Comments