Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do with this tenderloin?

I've got a pork tenderloin thawing in the fridge.  So, any ideas on how to egg this thing up?  I've never tried to stuff a tenderloin (although I want to) and don't even know if it is possible.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited January 2013
    Here is one way I like to do them:
    This was one eggtastic cook. Used home made umami/teriyaki marinade:

Pork, Tenderloin, Stuffed, Umami, Richard Fl.

INGREDIENTS:
    1 2 1/2 Lb Pkg Pork Tenderloin, 2 pieces per package
    1/2 Cup Dried Cherries, Soaked in Bacardi Gold
    1 Pkg Spinach
    4 Ozs Mushrooms, Sliced
    1 Medium Onion, Sliced, Carmalized
    1 8.8 Ozs Pkg Halloumi Cheese Made From Sheeps Milk From Cyprus, "The Cheese That Grills"
    1/4 Cup Roasted Sun Flower Seeds or Pine Nuts, any will do
    1 Lb Pkg Sliced Bacon
    1 Cup Umami Marinade, Soy Sauce Base
    Favorite Pork Rub
    Butcher Twine
    Marinade, Umami Flavor, Richard Fl.

INGREDIENTS:  
    1/2 cup    Soy Sauce  
    2 Tbs    Sherry, Cooking  
    2 Tbs    Turbindo sugar  
    2 Tbs    Honey  
    2-3 Tbs    Hoisin Sauce  
    2-3   Cloves Garlic, Minced  
    1 Tbs    Ginger Oil  

1 tsp    5-Spice Seasoning  
    3   Garlic Chives, Cut Fine  
    4   Kaffir Lime Leaves, Cut Fine  
    1   Scallion, Cut Fine  
    1   Lime, Juice of  
    2 Tbs    Oyster Sauce  
    1/4 cup    Fish Sauce  
    1 Tbs    Hot Sauce

1 PROCEDURE:
    2 Took the pork tenderloins and butterflied them, then pounded to get thin. Marinated in the umami sauce for an hour.

3 Did a basket weave of the bacon and placed on top of several pieces of butcher twine to tie up later. Seasoned the bacon with some pork rub.

4 Layed the marinated meat on top of the bacon weave and placed the spinach that had been steamed in a little water and olive oil.

5 Took the onion and mushrooms and caramalized the onions along with the mushrooms. Then placed on top of the spinach. Added the nuts to the top.
    6 Placed slices of the cheese on top and proceeded to roll up and tie. Got the cheese as a gift from lowercasebill at the SunshineFest '11. Thanks Bill! NOTE: next time will place the cheese on the bottom, not the top. Just easier to tie.

7 Placed on Large BGE at 350°F indirect with some pecan wood for flavor.

8 Let cook about 1 hour 30 minutes until the meat reached 145°F. Did not turn over during the cook as I was fearful the cheese would run out. This cheese remained firm during the entire cooking process and did not fear for it melting and falling out.

9 Served with sauteéd yellow squash, zuccini and sliced onions. Made a batch of Lebanonese coucous cooked in chicken broth.

Yield: Serves 8

• Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    Stuff it with a sautéed combo of evoo garlic, baby spinach, mushrooms, and smoked cheese. Coat the outside with some DP Dizzy dust or your favorite rub. Cook 350 for 45 minutes to an hour and enjoy.

I promise this to be a tasty and wonderful recipe. Even my picky 2.5 year old loves this recipe.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Check YouTube for a video showing how to cut it into a flat piece. Its easy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN