Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table measurements?

Options

Hi all,I am going to turn a old work table from my garage into a table for my large egg that i'm about to purchase and had a few questions on measurements.

First,from what I have read is that 32" from floor to tabletop is a good height (im only 5'7") so if im going to put my large egg on a table nest what should the distance be from the middle shelf the egg will sit on to the top of the top of the table and how many inches above the tabletop should the egg feltline be?

Also naked whiz suggests cutting a 21" hole for a large egg is this large enough??

thanks.

Jamie.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

I just build one, and i am starting a second soon, 21" is perfect hole size. Depending on if the egg has legs or not i would go 16" from slate or bottom shelf hight to table top, this will leave enough room for the hinge. If the egg has legs, then 15" should be good.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Sorry, i got that backwards, i am a few beers in......15" with out legs, 16" with.
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Gottcha ..you threw me off there for a minute.Its late here in NL (01:30 am) and my technical skills are not the best right now.I thought it should be the opposite but im half asleep and wasn't sure.Thanks for clearing that up...lol

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    No problem, id offer to build you one for free but to get it over there would cost an arm and a leg.
  • CANMAN1976
    Options
    Wish i had your skills there Albertaegger...nice table!!  Is that your first egg and do you have any accessories to go raised direct? Im thinking about the AR R&B combo from CGS butt shipping is a alot of $$$ to Canada:(

• AlbertaEgger
    Options

First egg, second cook this Sat. Just the plate setter, however i want to look into one of the raised swing grates I have been seeing, not sure, have not looked around in canada yet. The grill store that is always mentioned is not up here that i could see. So i will do some digging.

• CANMAN1976
    Options

That swing rack from ceramic grill works looks nice too and seeing that you already have the platesetter  it is probably your best move as the P.S won't work with the adj rig. Everyone seems to love that swing rack too tho,seems to be built like a tank.Good luck with yer second cook...i won't get to do my first till fathers day when i pick up my large....can't wait!!!

jamie.

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    If i find something local or in Canada i will let you know, i m sure there is something here, i am to new to the egg to know yet.
  • CANMAN1976
    Options
    Im pretty sure there is a place in ottawa called "romantic fireplaces" and they carry the swing rack.You can go to the ceramic grill works site and search for dealers from there and the shop in ottawa should be there or just google romantic fireplaces ottawa.Let me know if you get it!!!

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    I'll look into it, im sure i'll pay a sh*t load for delivery still for over here, i'll do some looking tomorrow if i get chance and let you know. Might be something in Northern US as well.