Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT, but not..... Good buy on Boston butt at HEB

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
For those of us that have an HEB in the hood they have bone-in Boston butts for $1.00 per pound.  One fell into my cart and I will give it a good home.
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,420
    Wish we had them in NOLA.  Good price.

• Whoa. Headed over tomorrow! We made a goal this month to not pay over $3 per lb for anything just to practice making great food with cheaper cuts. Everything is new recipes too (no pulled pork with this one). So far We scored boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.99, a brisket for $2.79, a pork brisket for $2.48 and an awesome pork loin for $1.99. A $1.00 pork butt is going to bring my average way down for the week!

It's been a lot of fun looking for deals and we've made some awesome food. Still have to do the briskets (pork and beef). I'll have some fun there this weekend.

• C-T.  Try making pork steaks with the butt.  Slice off 3/4 inch thick slices sear over egg then cook in equal amounts of you favorite BBQ sauce and good dark beer.  Cover with foil and cook at 350 until fork tender, but not falling apart.  Remove from sauce quick sear on the egg to crisp up.  Skim excess grease from sauce, reduce by 1/4 then serve with the steaks.    Next day make sandwiches topped with coleslaw.
    (this my variation of the St Louis pork steaks)
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,677
    Doing it soon...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Hey I have one near me now!!! gonna try that pork steak too.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tazcrash said:
    Hey I have one near me now!!! gonna try that pork steak too.

where do you live?????

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,420
    They're just in Texas and Mexico, right?

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    edited January 2013
    They're just in Texas and Mexico, right?
    Texas, don't know about Mexico
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    I am sure Beli said they had them in Mexico.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• I thought Taz was in New Jersey or Somthing like that. maybe he moved here?????