Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Packer briskets

The business Costco in Hayward has a large supply of choice packer briskets at $2.39 a pound
·

Comments

• not bad.......especially since I bought a choice packer today for $6.00/lb.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,777
    edited January 2013
    That's the best price I have heard from any place outside those who live in TX-and in it's CA as well.  Maybe someday it will reach all the way to the land of Kentucky Jelly :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • That is a smoking hot deal. They are all $5 down here now. I've just stopped looking. Bought a whole pork loin and a pork brisket today to mess round with. I'm done with $70 briskets

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,715
    I get them for $2.00 at the commissary.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • appropriately so. I sell pants. You kill bad guys. Cheap brisket is the least we could do :)

·
  • I have found decent whole briskets at WalMart for under $3/lb.  Last one was a success.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,768
    Smart and final has them for about $2.79.. I think. If youre a bit far from Hayward.
    ·
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 151
    Heard with the droughts and other issues last year that beef prices are going to be going up this year.  Might not be a bad time to load up the freezer.  How long will a cryo packed brisket last in the freezer?
    ·
  • I just found the only choice packer in a pile of selects all priced at $2.79. I grabbed it. Guess I have to cook it now.

Thank God for low carb diets :)

·