Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast Iron Perfection:

New to forum.  New to Egg (3 Months).  Not new to grilling/smoking.  Much better with the Egg.

1.5lb Sirloin - Marinated in homemade Ginger Teriyaki.

I cook my steaks on the cast iron grate around 400F at various times based on thickness and cut.  This one was 5 minutes a side.

I have seen a few posts asking about the benefits of the Cast Iron Grate.  It is well worth the price. 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,523
    Welcome to the forum. Nice meat......
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 16,106
    Nice, welcome.  Cool plate.  Quinoa or couscous?
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• Or perhaps Millet?
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • GGGNATGGGNAT Posts: 14
    Couscous is the winner.
  • AltonAlton Posts: 445
    Great Grill marks! I love my CI Grid too
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......