Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Proof of warranty?

Was loading up some lump this afternoon and noticed a crack in my fire ring. I know this is not a big deal, and doesn't really affect the performance of the egg. I also know that it is covered under warranty.

I am curious though, how can I prove that mine is in fact under warranty? My wife surprised me with the egg two months ago, and to my knowledge, we weren't given any type of warranty paperwork. I know the place we bought it from would absolutely remember us being that its only been 2 months, but what happens 5 years down the road? How do I prove my warranty (either to the dealer or the mothership)?
image.jpg 1.6M
·

Comments

• You can go to biggreenegg.com online and register your egg
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 938
    To prove your warranty information you should do an online registration of your Egg. There is a four or seven digit serial number embossed on the ceramics inside of the BGE lid just above the hinge. Go to the BGE website and use the link for online registration. They'll want your personal information, plus the name of the dealer you bought it from, date of purchase and this serial number.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • kbutler84 said:
    Was loading up some lump this afternoon and noticed a crack in my fire ring. I know this is not a big deal, and doesn't really affect the performance of the egg. I also know that it is covered under warranty. I am curious though, how can I prove that mine is in fact under warranty? My wife surprised me with the egg two months ago, and to my knowledge, we weren't given any type of warranty paperwork. I know the place we bought it from would absolutely remember us being that its only been 2 months, but what happens 5 years down the road? How do I prove my warranty (either to the dealer or the mothership)?

receipt?

·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 101
    Great, thanks!
    ·