Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egghead Weightloss Competition

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Is this straight weight loss or is the an Egg tie in? Like you have to eat healthy off the egg a couple days a week? Just wondering what all the criteria are
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Just straight weight loss. Yea no leapard print speedos, I may regret organizing this competition based on what pictures you guys send me,
    =))
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    My vote straight weight loss, surgical procedures don't count. If its of the Egg obviously that's cool and pics of healthy egg ideas should be shared with recipes.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,763
    I will be in California for a month starting on the 8th. I'll mail my pic before then. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,351
    We're going by % lost, correct?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,783
    Yeah %
    Boom
    ·
  • In starting a round of P90X on Monday. You guys are going down! The last time I lost 26 lbs in 60 days! Hardest workout of my life. The reward was the great recipes from the p90x nutrition guide. I will share them as I make them.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Is this straight weight loss or is the an Egg tie in? Like you have to eat healthy off the egg a couple days a week? Just wondering what all the criteria are

I'm planning an egg tie in. My hope is to prepare most of my lunches on the egg the night before. For me it is going to portion control, when that delicious food rolls off the egg, I want to eat it immediately.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • I cooked 90% of my meals on my egg when I lost the weight the last time.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    We're going by % lost, correct?
    I was hoping for most weight loss because, like the wine, I'm a fat bastard!  % is fair.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

In starting a round of P90X on Monday. You guys are going down! The last time I lost 26 lbs in 60 days! Hardest workout of my life. The reward was the great recipes from the p90x nutrition guide. I will share them as I make them.

Sorry bruh...you will be looking up at the champ!

I've never competed in a weight loss comp that I haven't won! Lol
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,810
    For me weight loss isn't a problem usually. But if I'm gonna eat healthy I don't wanna lose the egg.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    Cazzy how much do you have to loose?
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    cazzy said:
    In starting a round of P90X on Monday. You guys are going down! The last time I lost 26 lbs in 60 days! Hardest workout of my life. The reward was the great recipes from the p90x nutrition guide. I will share them as I make them.
    Sorry bruh...you will be looking up at the champ! I've never competed in a weight loss comp that I haven't won! Lol
    You have also never competed against an Infantryman who has Drill SGT school in a few months. (ive been working in an office on staff for two years so I have plenty to lose.)
    ·
    Ye Travis I think military training should be classed as a surgical procedure so sorry Travis your disqualified :-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    You are welcome to volunteer.  O:-)
    ·
    Lol they won't have me
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • You are welcome to volunteer.  O:-)
    That's a great idea.  I'll have this thing won in no time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
    double said:
    Cazzy how much do you have to loose?

About 50. :(
    ·
    cazzy said:
    Sorry bruh...you will be looking up at the champ! I've never competed in a weight loss comp that I haven't won! Lol
    You have also never competed against an Infantryman who has Drill SGT school in a few months. (ive been working in an office on staff for two years so I have plenty to lose.)

I'm ultra competitive so that just fires me up more. Last comp I did, I lost 76 pounds in 12 weeks so I'm up for the challenge.
    ·
    Holy smokes. Key thing is I don't want to put it back on! I lost 25 last year then put on 45. Maybe Travis should run a virtual boot camp lol
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    double said:
    Holy smokes. Key thing is I don't want to put it back on! I lost 25 last year then put on 45. Maybe Travis should run a virtual boot camp lol

Yeah, that comp I stopped lifting and just did cardio.. I'm going to lift throughout so we shall see what happens. I'm shooting for 20% either way as I think that would win it!
    ·
    I have 80lbs easy to loose and that first bit tends to fly off. I'm expecting a battle after the first 45lbs
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    double said:
    I have 80lbs easy to loose and that first bit tends to fly off. I'm expecting a battle after the first 45lbs

Do it! I have more than 50 to lose, that's just my goal! It's going to be fun either way! Got off track with the birth of my daughter in November followed by the holidays. This is just the motivation I needed to get back after it.
    ·
    Anyone planning any big last meals tonight or tomorrow?  I have some large pork chops going in the Sous Vide.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,783
    Just an idea: since will have multiple prizes why not put one to the side. The comp is 12 weeks. Do a follow-up at some random date. Say 6 months or even a year and whoever has kept the most off gets it. Bc the real reason behind this isn't a short term blip but true healthy change.
    Boom
    ·
    Wait a sec. I may lose. I feel like I'm super morbidly obese but if I lost more than 30 lbs, I'd be a stick. 
    ·
  • Bowing out for personal reasons.  Sorry.

Fred

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    Travis I feel like a beached whale time for change!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·