Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cordon Bleu

I've been smoking and barbequeing for several years, but only on a leaking charcoal grill/smoker wanna-be from Sams. I've had my XL BGE for a week now and love it. I've cooked hamburgers (easy way to get acclimated), spatchcock chicken, picnic butt overnight, and turkey breast. Tonight I decided to try something I never could have done with the old beast: chicken cordon bleu. I used Tyler Florence's recipe (on the Food Network sight), baked in a cast iron skillet at 350* for 20 minutes; placement was direct on the second highest setting of the Adj. Rig. Turned out juicier than the oven! The wife said I should do it again tomorrow night!

I'm loving the long use of charcoal. This cook was fired on coals leftover from the 21-hr picnic butt cook. Why didn't anyone tell me about this wonderful toy sooner? :) 

Comments