Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

healthy egging

2»

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    double said:
    Cut out Gluten again Got get rid of 50lbs at least to start with...No booze for January either. Anyone done any gluten free bread on the egg?
    I have done gf pizza dough that turned out really well, I can look up the recipe if you would like
    That would be great thanks! Competition would be fun maybe a weekly check in I find a little competitive edge tends to keep me more focused. Its crazy im 100lbs over my goal weight yet last year i still managed to ride my bicycle 220 Miles... Problem is I pretty much stopped exercising the day after as I didnt have another challenge to work towards. Stupid really as my health should be as an important challenge as any!
    Lynnwood WA
  • I have a hard time with weight loss living around someone.  When I was single I would just get rid of any food that wasnt on my diet.  That gets rid of the temptation.  My wife WILL NOT give up the things she likes.  Example......English muffins.  I have gotten healthy substitutes but she won't eat em.  She has to have her Bays English muffins.  Me.....I can usually stick to something but it aint fair to have tempting snacks laying around all over the place.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    I'm trying to cut out the carbs too.

Hey Doc---can you tell me about the vegie pan here?  Thanks

Good luck to all...

Dan

• I would be up for the competition, I agree that a little friendly competition keeps me motivated, especially if there is a prize involved.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Dan4BBQ said:
    I'm trying to cut out the carbs too.

Hey Doc---can you tell me about the vegie pan here?  Thanks

Good luck to all...

Dan

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/steel-grill-chefs-pan-with-lid/?cm_src=AutoSchRel

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I started a weightloss competition if anyone wants to join in on the discussion.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Love the willians-sonoma pan.  Dumb question---when would I use the cover?
    Thanks
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Only time I use the cover is when I do pop corn.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Dan4BBQ
    Thanks Doc, I thought I was missing something.
  • P90X is a very good program. But like most things it does require consistency. If you do it you will have results. But can get with almost any legit workout program. Advantage of P90x is in home, can do over and over again, can easily scale to your fitness level whether lean and mean or fat and slack, and can do on your schedule. I like the idea of a weight loss comp on here. Be fun. Obviously have to work on the honor system but its a good idea.

I would recommend joining a Crossfit gym. Expensive, but easier to stick to with the class atmosphere/group workout structure. The workouts are intense, but can be scaled to individuals fitness levels and paleo challenges help you get your diet right. If you are the type of person who will give up on p90x if you are doing it on your own at home alone, then I would highly recommend crossfit.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams