Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger in Baton Rouge

Options
2»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I'm glad the Coon Ass nation is getting eggs.
    I got kicked off the Texas BBQ Rub forum for calling my neighbors to the east, Coon Asses.  I told them it was a term of endearment.

Well..... there was one more thing.  I lit into a guy for posting a picture of him pissing on the Alamo.  Apparently, pissing on the Alamo is OK, but calling someone a Coon Ass isnt.  

Go figure.  
    @-)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm glad the Coon Ass nation is getting eggs.
    I got kicked off the Texas BBQ Rub forum for calling my neighbors to the east, Coon Asses.  I told them it was a term of endearment.

Well..... there was one more thing.  I lit into a guy for posting a picture of him pissing on the Alamo.  Apparently, pissing on the Alamo is OK, but calling someone a Coon Ass isnt.  

Go figure.  
    @-)
    You're right - "Coon Ass" is totally acceptable to us (at least that's the way I see it).  Pissin' on anything that isn't a toilet, tree, urinal or bust of Nick Sabin is unacceptable.  :D
    Options
    @VI - are you and Cochon_Couyon related?  I'm asking because y'all have the same last name in your "handle".
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Heck no !  Dat Couyon done stole my pirogue when I be down on the Atchafalaya giggin' frogs.
    Next time I seen da man, he sittin' at the Café Du Monde, munchin' on a beignet an sippin' on a café au lait, grinin' at me like a possum in heat.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Cochon_Couyon
    Options
    Heck no !  Dat Couyon done stole my pirogue when I be down on the Atchafalaya giggin' frogs.
    Next time I seen da man, he sittin' at the Café Du Monde, munchin' on a beignet an sippin' on a café au lait, grinin' at me like a possum in heat.
    Sorry bout dat pirouge T'Vill...but I had ta go see Marie...and I was grinin' cuz she done showd' me her crab trap ;) When dem' frogs gonna be ready???
    Baton Rouge, LA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Boudreaux live across de bayou from Clarence who he don like at
    all. Dey all de time yell across de bayou at each other.

Boudreaux would yell to Clarence, "If I had a way to cross dis bayou
    I'd come over dere an pass my fis by you jaw good, yeah!"

Dis went on for years. Finally de state done built a bridge across dat
    bayou right by dere houses and Boudreaux's wife Marie say, "Now is you
    chance Boudreaux. Why don you go over dere an beat up Clarence lak
    you say."

Boudreaux say "ok" and start across de bridge but he see a sign on de
    bridge an he stop to read it and then he go back home. Marie say,
    "Why you back so soon?" and Boudreaux say "Mais Marie I don change my
    mind about beat up Clarence.

You know Marie dey got a sign on dat bridge what say Clarence 13'
    6". You know, he don look near dat big when I yell at him from across
    de bayou...!"
    edited January 2013
    Options
    =))  You boys are cool !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• sola
    sola Posts: 118
    Options
    Can't think of a clean Boudreaux & Thibodaux right now......
  • sola
    sola Posts: 118
    Options
    Ahhhh. Got one.

Boudreaux & Thibodaux were beat friends since grade school. Thib was turning 40 so Boudreaux wanted to get him a special present. As he was wandering around looking he came across a lady with a parrot. She said the parrot spoke 8 languages and would reply back to you. Boudreaux bought it for his good friend.

A few days after Thibodaux's birthday he called Boudreaux to come for dinner. When Boudreaux showed up he didn't see the parrot. He asked Thib where it was. Thibodaux said they were eating parrot gumbo!!! Boudreaux was pissed! He hollered and screamed about how much money he spent. Boudreaux said " that damn parrot could speak 8 languages!!!"

Thib replied "Mai's, den why didn't he say something???"
  • Cochon_Couyon
    Options
    Florida Black Mullet is what your after. This summer I can get you all the spanish you want in Caminada Pass...and you're on my way home ;)
    If you ever want to give it a shot, drop off whatever and I'll cure and smoke it, and I'll split it with ya.  I cure and cold smoke or just not cure and hot smoke.  Depends on what it is.  I have a cold smoker where I can cold smoke around 60F even in the hot Louisiana summers.
    That's a deal. I fish the trestles on Hwy 11 pretty regular and when the speckled trout are there I can load you up with some. Here's opening day of live shrimp last May, not to shabby for a plastic pirogue... 
    Baton Rouge, LA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Sweeet!
    Options
    Looks like you holeshotted your Eggin' career. Geaux Tigers! My son will be heading back to LSU for his final semester in a few days. If the wind is blowing in the right direction we should be able to find ya! 
  • Cochon_Couyon
    Options
    I live off Highland so you've passed me by many times, I'm sure. Congrats on your son, and tell him to wrap that up and get out of Louisiana before one of these coonass women get a hold of him...I've been rasslin' with the last one for 21 years ;) And if the wind don't work, I'll throw a Nutria Rat on the Egg...you'll smell dat!
    Baton Rouge, LA