Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Barbeque shrimp success

Options
tinman
tinman Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thanks to earlier suggestions, these were simple and simply delicious!
DSC04015.jpg

DSC04016.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

Comments

• tinman
    Options

did the photo's appear?
    jorge

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    tinman,[p]I see'em!!![p]They look good from here!![p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • tinman
    Options
    Chubby,
    thanks! posting multiple pictures is new to me.[p]got my gratemate in place, will lite at 5:30 AM tomorrow for a low and slow shoulder.[p]jorge

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    tinman,[p]Slideshows are fun!![p]I've got my Firewall issues fixed, (I think)...so check your email for some further info!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    tinman,
    Those look great. Got a recipe? Sure would like to try it.
    Thanks

• tinman
    Options
    jake42,
    1/2 pound shrimp w/ heads
    1 stick of butter melted, not hot
    add to butter:
    2 tablespoons of worchestire(sp?) sauce
    1/2 teaspoon tabasco
    1 teaspoon ground rosemary
    1 teaspoon of black pepper
    1 clove of garlin chopped fine ( I did 2 cloves )
    juice of 1/2 lemon
    1 sliced lemon ( thin)
    little salt taste[p]cook at 400 for about 15 minutes[p]can't mess up! french bread dipped in butter sauce is awesome.[p]jorge

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    tinman,
    Thanks,
    Will be trying ot real soon. Got some peeled and devined shrimp at home now. May have to experiment with those.

• tinman,
    Do you have two layers of sliced lemons there - one beneath the shrimp and one on top?[p]Approx how long did you cook those and at what temp?[p]Hurry and answer - I want to do them tonight! ;)[p]Gwen

• tinman
    Options
    Gwen,
    only one layer. I could taste the lemon ( don't forget..1/2 lemon juiced)[p]if you put a layer on bottom, it might prevent the shrimp from "bathing"[p]400 degrees until pink, about 15 minutes.oh yea, indirect or raised grid.[p]jorge, let me know how you did.

• tinman,
    They were great! I wasn't able to follow your recipe exact as I didn't have lemons to slice and couldn't be bothered to search for the tobasco. No dried rosemary but pulled some off the bush in the herb garden. So they weren't as lemony as yours probably were. Also, I didn't do indirect. I figured by putting them in the foil pan, that was indirect enough. (I was in a lazy mood.)[p]They were excellent tho. I made them for some company who were here visiting and they loved it. They were sisters who great up with a kamado style bbq. They said their parents had it til it cracked. [p]
    Everyone loved them and agreed that the french bread dunked in the 'juice' was pretty darn good! Will definitely be making these often. Very easy and a crowd pleaser.[p]Gwen