Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable rig or woo?

Options
I figure the adjustable rig will give the most flexibility, but is it worth the extra $?

Also, will the BGE large pizza stone fit in the spider/pswoo3?

Opelika, AL

Comments

• brownbw
    brownbw Posts: 154
    Options
    After reading up on the ceramic grill site, I think I am going to get the PSWoo3 and grill extender since I already own a plate setter and another grid.

Any opinions on this or suggestions?

Opelika, AL
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of my adjustable rig, but I bought it instead of the PPS, not in addition to. I think you'll find a good way to use anything you get. You can never have too many god pizza stones...

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • kbutler84
    Options
    brownbw said:
    After reading up on the ceramic grill site, I think I am going to get the PSWoo3 and grill extender since I already own a plate setter and another grid.

Any opinions on this or suggestions?

Where did you find the grid extender?  I searched all over the CGS website and couldn't find it.  I'm in the same boat as you, and will probably go with the PSWoo3 as well.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I've been waiting for the new rig extender and I noticed it's on the CGS website as of yesterday.  I received an AR Oval Grid Combo for Christmas.  I'll get the rig extender when I can get away with it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • kbutler84
    Options
    Maybe @tjv can chime in and let us know. If it does, I'll be making a purchase.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I guess it depends on how much of a fiddler you are.  I love the rig and the nearly endless combinations that I get from it.  But if all you are looking to do is raise the grid and utilize the plate setter while doing so go for it. I don't believe the rig extender fits the woo but that's just a guess on my part.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I learned something today, do the "@tjv" thing and you get an email letting you know something is up, very nice function. 

The new rig extender and Sliding D Grid are only for the large adjustable rig.  At one time we offered a Woo3 extender but quit offering it because our fabricator jacked the price.  Once we get past the holidays and settled into a rig extender pattern, I'll look at a similar set up for the Woo.   
    Tom

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • hartofatiger
    Options
    Ordered the adjustable rig with extender and sliding D grid this weekend! Selling point was the R and B combo. Really think the oval stone is a great tool. Nothing wrong with having lots of options!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!