Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post your Christmas score!!

Comments

• Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Best Christmas ever! My parents got me an xl egg and my best friend is building me a nice table for it.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• My wife gave me a few new knives, along with several different spices from the Spice Traveler, in Prescott AZ, about an hour north of us.

http://spicetravelerprescott.com/

• Got a new small egg, nest, and Digi Q DX2. And some ray bans - gotta look cool while Eggin'
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Pizza stone (broke the pampered chef stone last week) and the BGE Cookbook.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216

BGE salt and pepper shakers.

Big Green Egg Salt and Pepper Shakers

• Angle brackets from ceramic grill store. My mom tried and got me an instant read thermometer. I'm returning it and getting a thermapen. It was my fault. I didn't specify the brand on the list. But hey, I love her anyway. It's the thought that counts. Also got 8 ceramic bowls for making chocolate lava cakes and small souflets.

Best gift. Watching my kids enjoyment as they played with their new gifts. Hungry Hippos is the number 1 gift this year. My son wanted to take it to bed with him.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Woo2 with 17.5" stone, 18" drip pan, 19" Wok and wok accessories.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    My wife/Santa did great.

- Spider with 13 inch ceramic stone (to let me cook on both levels of the AR)
    - WOK (And accessories)
    - New long tongs (To reach down into the spider)
    - Bear paws (for pulling pork/meat)
    - 10" Forged Fluted Slicing Knife - Victorinox
    - 8" Wustof Chef Knive with pairing knife
    - Thermopen on the way (Ordered too late for Xmas)My wife/Santa did great.

Garnerville, NY
  • @robnybbq You'll love those bear paws. I use mine for pulling pork and lifting big roasts and turkeys from grill to plate.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

XL AR/WOO combo, Molecular Gastronomy kit, meat slicer, some tools, beer opener for my egg table, the new professional chef book, Some classic games for my NES.image.image.image.image

• For my Small

Plus got the blower and probes to add my small to my Stoker.

Torque wrench to make sure those bolts are tight on the egg.

And my son is taking me to the Daytona Coke Zero 400 next year when he will be home finally from Italy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • tays44
    tays44 Posts: 93

I got a serving tray with a butcher block insert.  There's something about the shape that brings a tear to my eyes.

Who makes this?
    - EAT BEEF -
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Food related I got an AR oval combo, and electric meat slicer and an LEM 5# Vertical sausage stuffer. I also got some square rocks that you are supposed to freeze and put in your drink so you don't water it down.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024

Looks and sounds like everyone racked up!  I got some nice stuff myself.  My wife let me get the gun I've wanted for awhile now, along with a pile of hot sauces....and my inlaws got me a nice gift pack of Dizzy Pig seasonings (probably more than 10 varieties in that box), some Firestarters, and a jerky kit.

The jerky kit will come in handy for the big doe I bagged last night.  Hope to get one or two more before the season ends.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nice kill, Dyal. If you run out of room to store all that venison, you can ship some down my way.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tays44 said:

Who makes this?
    I found it for you on Amazon.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• NDG, that actually isn't an inflated price for audiophile equipment. That's around a quarter of the price for comparable Denon, Marantz or McIntosh-branded products. Based on what it can do(if your into that kind of stuff), it is similar to comparing a cheap-o $40 charcoal grill to a BGE. Or a Kia to a BMW. Yes it plays Blu-ray, but it is a universal player(all formats of audio) and outputs in 4k resolution(Ultra High definition) 4k is to 1080p what 1080p is to 480i(standard definition)

Sorry to jump in, but I used to sell this stuff in my college days. I am a total A/V nerd. You could only get this stuff at high-end shops like Myer-Emco, Tweeter, or Magnolia. The interwebs has made many of those places defunct. They don't sell this stuff at Best Buy or Walmart.

@eggcelsior

Actually they do sell it at best buy, but is a magnolia hi fi inside best buy. I only just in and say this because I launched a few of them when I worked at best buy years ago.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited December 2012
    The wife and I told each other that we were not exchanging gifts simply because we both just buy ourselves whatever we want when we want to get it. Of course she still got me a few things.

Finally got one of these, and getting ready to try my hand at jerky so I can seal it up.

For me, this is just about the best thing anyone could get me right now, as all my musky lures are simply tossed around my boat and if you know anything about musky fishing, those things are monsters and hurt to get hooked with.

Cheers Brothers --- J

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• NDG, that actually isn't an inflated price for audiophile equipment. That's around a quarter of the price for comparable Denon, Marantz or McIntosh-branded products. Based on what it can do(if your into that kind of stuff), it is similar to comparing a cheap-o $40 charcoal grill to a BGE. Or a Kia to a BMW. Yes it plays Blu-ray, but it is a universal player(all formats of audio) and outputs in 4k resolution(Ultra High definition) 4k is to 1080p what 1080p is to 480i(standard definition)

Sorry to jump in, but I used to sell this stuff in my college days. I am a total A/V nerd. You could only get this stuff at high-end shops like Myer-Emco, Tweeter, or Magnolia. The interwebs has made many of those places defunct. They don't sell this stuff at Best Buy or Walmart.

@eggcelsior

Actually they do sell it at best buy, but is a magnolia hi fi inside best buy. I only just in and say this because I launched a few of them when I worked at best buy years ago.
    A good friend of mine just bougt an Oppo BRP-105.  It is the new offering from Oppo.  He bought it for the audio section.  It is a very versatile player and can now play computer files more readily.  He claims it sounds even better than the 95 which beat out some players in the $5000 plus range.  He also hooked it up and played a Blueray.  He said it is incredible.  So if you are into high end audio or video this thing is a supreme bargain.  I can't wait to get it into my system to see how it stacks up.
  • @rustypotts

I am going to be putting together a system for my back room. I am trying to piece it together and have the capability of creating a "home link" setup like BOSE has. I will not get BOSE because they just don't come close to piecing together a home theater system from high end brand and not high end NAMES lol. I will keep this system in mind when the time comes.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    NDG, that actually isn't an inflated price for audiophile equipment. That's around a quarter of the price for comparable Denon, Marantz or McIntosh-branded products. Based on what it can do(if your into that kind of stuff), it is similar to comparing a cheap-o $40 charcoal grill to a BGE. Or a Kia to a BMW. Yes it plays Blu-ray, but it is a universal player(all formats of audio) and outputs in 4k resolution(Ultra High definition) 4k is to 1080p what 1080p is to 480i(standard definition)

@eggcelsior

I know. I once worked at Best Buy too(97-01). They actually purchased Magnolia Hi-fi back around 2000 I believe. They still operate as a separate entity on the west coast(since they were based out of Seattle) and have opened as a "separate" home theater area in some Best Buy locations. Most won't spend much time in there when they walk into the show room and see a Samsung TV for 3k and then think" the same size is $1500 in the back of the store!". 
    Perhaps it is just the area I work/live in. Audiophiles tend to be far and few between this far outside of D.C. Sorry for generalizing about "not finding it in Best Buy". I should have said that it isn't what you typically expect to find at a Walmart or Best Buy.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    chefs choice 610 slicer , BGE pizza stone for the XL and 7qt. lodge dutch oven chilli cooking in it now 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Eggcelsior
    @rustypotts

I am going to be putting together a system for my back room. I am trying to piece it together and have the capability of creating a "home link" setup like BOSE has. I will not get BOSE because they just don't come close to piecing together a home theater system from high end brand and not high end NAMES lol. I will keep this system in mind when the time comes.
    Are you talking about the "Bose Link" wireless audio link? Or when they throw a 5.1 set-up in a box with a cheap Pioneer receiver...
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    @rustypotts

just did a home theater went with B&W speakers system sounds awesome 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Eggcelsior
    bigphil said:
    @rustypotts

just did a home theater went with B&W speakers system sounds awesome 
    That's my plan with the in-wall units. Do you have placement pics? I like to drool.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    edited December 2012
    I got a meat grinder and my mom got me this sweetness a branding iron from my college. Got the idea from vi to ask for one

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2012
    PolyScienece Sous Vide Professional - Chef Series

Photography classes for my new DSLR

Foodsaver
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Two cool "stocking stuffers"!

This was the score though!! I love seeing the joy on my kiddos faces!

Lil man's new train set!

Rocking out!

For our artist!

Kind of a family gift since we're all enjoying it!

Good times...gotta love the holidays and being able to spend it with your loved ones! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2012
    @rustypotts

Totally agree! I actually hate Bose but I do think there are some people they're great for. I just don't think the product quality is adequate for their asking prices. Especially when you can piece together something way better for much less. I bought my speakers about 8-9 years ago. I'm a horn guy so I have Klipsch Reference Series and am driving them with a Denon 4308ci. Do more video and gaming so i'm so running 7.1 and finally took the Plasma plunge last year (Panasonic vt30). I'm eager to upgrade as most home audio peeps are, but I'm waiting for my theater room when we build our new home in 2014.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy said:
    @rustypotts

Totally agree! I actually hate Bose but I do think there are some people they're great for. I just don't think the product quality is adequate for their asking prices. Especially when you can piece together something way better for much less. I bought my speakers about 8-9 years ago. I'm a horn guy so I have Klipsch Reference Series and am driving them with a Denon 4308ci. Do more video and gaming so i'm so running 7.1 and finally took the Plasma plunge last year (Panasonic vt30). I'm eager to upgrade as most home audio peeps are, but I'm waiting for my theater room when we build our new home in 2014.
    Yes, agreed, BOSE is good sound, just overpriced IMHO.

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    High q grate, welder gloves, BBQ gloves, tongs, head lamp and home made rubs. Sweeeeet!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA