Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ribs are on

Not planning on crutching...could I baste with honey the last hour, bones down?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    You could, honey has a high sugar content may burn depending on your temp in an hour.  I would wait more like the last 15-30 minutes to set a glaze kinda like you would do if saucing with bbq sauce.  If you were to mix the honey with other liquids you may want to do it longer.  
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    I crutched last time and added honey...turned out a good taste with the DP. Thanks
    ·
    good luck!  the crutch helps protect the sugars from burning too much I think.  I spritzed with orange juice with some agave nectar last time, came out great I think the honey will be wonderful.  post some pics!
    ·
    Almost....
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    lookin' good.

·
  • I planned on pizza until I saw this, now I want ribs, I just hate it when that happens. 

Looking really good.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    looking good!
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 615
    Just gotta ask because I haven't heard the term used, is "crutching" wrapping in foil?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    yep

·
    The roast and ribs came out good. No pics of the finished product...company was early. Fyi...I used the ftc method on the roast for 7 hours and worked well....still nice and warm.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Now I want ribs!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    @Griffin...do you ever have a problem with the ribs being "rich"?
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142

8:30 here and junch hadn't even crossed my mind. Thanks a lot. My mouth wont stop watering.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    @henapple...not sure what you mean by "rich". I keep mine simple, mustard slather, dry rub only. I never baste with bbq sauce or anything else. Never spritz with anything either. When I do foil, I add some beer (or water) and a few tbsp of butter and then resprinkle rub when they come out.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Maybe too much smoke. I tend to overdo it. Don't get me wrong...evidently they were good, I barely got any.
    ·