Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holiday Feasts

Options
I am just wondering what everyone has planned for the Christmas weekend. We have a lot of days to cook on the Egg without the distraction of work!  I'm looking forward to it. What do you all have planned? I only know that I have a Christmas ham and a smoked turkey for Tuesday. What are you all cooking for the family and friends?

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    We are going to the daughters house and taking a standing rib roast.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Going for the hat trick. Turkey over the weekend, prime rib for Christmas, brisket for later in the week. Thinking of some small ham/Canadian bacon at some point, and the traditional pork for good luck on New Years. Probably a butt. Gonna be a great week of Egging. There will also be some desserts, with Nutella (made from scratch using hazel nuts, chocolate and heavy cream) pecan sticky buns Christmas morning.
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Naked Ham to take to Dallas for Christmas.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Pork shoulder, brisket then I mix the two in Brunswick stew. Feeds a lot of folks! Will likely do some wings and pizza also. Going to have a house full for two weeks! Then the standard brined turkey and ham with the sides.....dressing, smoked Mac and cheese and some collards. All on my three eggs!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • ttexxan
    Options
    Going to do some Jumboli to snack on before Christmas day feast.  Then going to take appetizers over to bros such as Arm dilla eggs and Jalap poppers..My bro is going to do a brisket on his egg and then might smoke up some more jerky to gnaw on : >)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Naked Ham to take to Dallas for Christmas.

Should I send you my address now so you can drop it off. What day and time should I be expecting you?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    To stay on topic, I think we are taking the large over to my parents house and cooking Christmas dinner for my mom for a change. Not sure what, she was getting the final head count today and getting back to me. Hopefully a prime rib.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I am going to try and sneak in a rib roast at some point, since I am the only one who will eat it. Making ropa vieja, pernil, and mofongo for Christmas/Christmas Eve, depending on when SWMBO's family is coming. MIL is making arroz con gandules and coquito.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Starting with some Stromboli and then gonna do a bunch of apps, Pig Shots, Turtle eggs, wings, Shrimp and those burgundy Mushrooms followed by a brisket to take me through a couple a days
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA