Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cakebread Chicken

So, I needed to cook a chicken today, more for the carcass/bones (making stock) than the actual chicken.  So I found an opened bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay sitting in the fridge, and then saw my beer-can chicken pedestal, and got the idea.  Rubbed the chicken down heavily with butter, stuffed some pieces into the breast, and then filled the pedestal with the chardonnay and a hunk of butter.  It's sitting on the Egg (filled with cherry) at ~350.  Will let you know how it turns out.

·

Comments

• wow- that is a nice chard to be beer can cooking with. I'm afraid that would have gone in the cook's gullet and I would have found something, perhaps a little "boxier" to cook with :)

·
  • We belong to the white wine club and since 1/2 of our house was pregnant this year, we have a stockpile.  Opened it up for guests earlier this week and it sat open in the fridge for 6 days.  It smells fantastic on the Egg.  
    ·
  • ah- after 6 days, I would have cooked with it too...... but that never would have happened :D

·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
     The inside of my refrigerator wouldn't know what a 1/2 bottle Cakebread looked like  ;)

·