Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

thermoworks thermocouple probe vs maverick?

I finally decided to buy a thermapen.  Included in the box was a catalog of their vaious other products.  I saw a probe thermometer with the K-type probes.  I know they are more heavy duty than the standard plugs.  Just wondered if anyone has ever used them and would recommend them.  Also, how do they compare to the et-732, both pros and cons.  I am looking to upgrade from the cheapy probe thermometers because I'm getting tired of replacing them so much.  Thanks.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,550
    The TW8060 is an excellent temperature monitor.  It has all the features of the Maverick except the remote wireless monitoring.  The thermocouples are much more durable than the thermistors.  Costs about twice as much, but much cheaper than the Fluke 52 series.

• adajmkadajmk Posts: 10
    After destroying a brisket I took the plunge and invested in both the thermapen and the TW8060.  Love them both. I never had the maverick but was worried after reading some reviews by people who burned them out so I invested in the 8060. Would be happier if it was wireless, but that is my only complaint with it - you can tell from the first moment you take it out of the box it is a quality piece of equipment.
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,175
    A wireless version of the TW8060 would be awesome.  Maverick is nice in crappy weather or if the food is finishing up at the same time the game on TV is ending.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • I did try a baby monitor with my 8060, forgot that we bought the kids a video version, worked fine. 

Maverick sent me some new probes under warranty and they are working great, no idea why, but the two units even seem to sync faster. 

I'll keep the monitor until the DIL wants it back if she has another....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.