Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: I bottled my wine

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
edited December 2012 in Off Topic
I've had 15 gallons of wine aging for a year.  5 gallons of Pinot Grigio, 5 gallons of Pinot Noir and 5 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Today, I bottled 72 bottles.

One of the most important things to do when bottling is to soak the corks for 48 hours in potassium metabisulfate.  I have become a pretty good cork soaker.  I soaked all 72 corks at one time.  My wife used to soak corks, but since we've been married, not so much.  Here are 10 gallons.

Here is a label.  My last name is Willson (with two L's), so I decided to name my "winery" Twoelle.  (get it?)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    I have called you many things, but """""cork soaker"""" was never one of them :x
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Not too shabby, you big cork soaker.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    edited December 2012

You my friend are truely a Renaissance Man............................... I am never supprised at anything you do.............

Now that is the very last good thing I say about you ^:)^

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Not too shabby, you big cork soaker.
    That made me laugh.

No wonder he was sloshed when he did that wokking movie - the one with the vegetarian scallops.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    AWESOME!!!!!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,788
    A 72-day supply of wine - nice!  (10 day supply for Travis).

Did you make it from grapes squashed by Pam's feet or use the concentrate?

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,400
    How much? I'll be in Georgetown in early to mid-March. Volume discount?  :D
    ·

Hope you will be in Salado on March 16th.....

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Gary,

That looks very nice. Would make great Christmas presents. You never cease to amaze me.

I am doing the same thing at this time but mine consists of a still and corn mash. Trying to perfect it now for presents for my friends.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
    Mickey said:

Hope you will be in Salado on March 16th.....
    (Psst) That's the plan. I showed the Salado site to my FIL when he was here. Backdoor SWMBO approval!!!
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited December 2012
    @Travis said: Not too shabby, you big cork soaker. 

I'm all teary eyed.  I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.  :x

@Mickey said:  You my friend are truely a Renaissance Man

Hey man, I'm not THAT old !!!  :-t

@Eggcelsier said: How much? I'll be in Georgetown in early to mid-March. Volume discount?  

What do you think the chances of any of it lasting until March ?

@Nolaegghead asked: Did you make it from grapes squashed by Pam's feet or use the concentrate?

I was going to make it from grapes, but Pam said having purple feet would clash with her brown shoes.  It's concentrate.

@Tuttle871 said: I am doing the same thing at this time but mine consists of a still and corn mash.

We're not alcoholics.  Alcoholics go to meetings.  =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    "Hi. My name is Eggcelsior, and I'm an egg-o-holic."

*Burp*
    ·