Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: I bottled my wine

Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited December 2012 in Off Topic
I've had 15 gallons of wine aging for a year.  5 gallons of Pinot Grigio, 5 gallons of Pinot Noir and 5 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Today, I bottled 72 bottles.

One of the most important things to do when bottling is to soak the corks for 48 hours in potassium metabisulfate.  I have become a pretty good cork soaker.  I soaked all 72 corks at one time.  My wife used to soak corks, but since we've been married, not so much.  Here are 10 gallons.

Here is a label.  My last name is Willson (with two L's), so I decided to name my "winery" Twoelle.  (get it?)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I have called you many things, but """""cork soaker"""" was never one of them :x
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Not too shabby, you big cork soaker.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    edited December 2012

You my friend are truely a Renaissance Man............................... I am never supprised at anything you do.............

Now that is the very last good thing I say about you ^:)^

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Not too shabby, you big cork soaker.
    That made me laugh.

No wonder he was sloshed when he did that wokking movie - the one with the vegetarian scallops.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    AWESOME!!!!!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    A 72-day supply of wine - nice!  (10 day supply for Travis).

Did you make it from grapes squashed by Pam's feet or use the concentrate?
    How much? I'll be in Georgetown in early to mid-March. Volume discount?  :D
  • Mickey

Hope you will be in Salado on March 16th.....

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Gary,

That looks very nice. Would make great Christmas presents. You never cease to amaze me.

I am doing the same thing at this time but mine consists of a still and corn mash. Trying to perfect it now for presents for my friends.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Mickey said:

Hope you will be in Salado on March 16th.....
    (Psst) That's the plan. I showed the Salado site to my FIL when he was here. Backdoor SWMBO approval!!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited December 2012
    @Travis said: Not too shabby, you big cork soaker. 

I'm all teary eyed.  I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.  :x

@Mickey said:  You my friend are truely a Renaissance Man

Hey man, I'm not THAT old !!!  :-t

@Eggcelsier said: How much? I'll be in Georgetown in early to mid-March. Volume discount?  

What do you think the chances of any of it lasting until March ?

@Nolaegghead asked: Did you make it from grapes squashed by Pam's feet or use the concentrate?

I was going to make it from grapes, but Pam said having purple feet would clash with her brown shoes.  It's concentrate.

@Tuttle871 said: I am doing the same thing at this time but mine consists of a still and corn mash.

We're not alcoholics.  Alcoholics go to meetings.  =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    "Hi. My name is Eggcelsior, and I'm an egg-o-holic."

*Burp*