Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alabama White BBq Sauce

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a recipe for this sauce? Have seen the sauce on TV a couple of times and it sounds good, for a change.

Comments

• RocketMan
    RocketMan Posts: 67
    Options
    UncleMark,[p]as I'm sure Ray will tell you, there's one in the new Dr. BBQ book! Also one on the foodtv web site....[p]But.... I've made it for over 30 years, and probably never made it exactly the same way twice... it's one of those great recipes that you can play with to your hearts delight...[p]The basis is mayo and an acid (I usually use part vinegar and part lemon juice) - of course you can use Miracle Whip, lime juice, cider vinegar or wine vinegar, etc , etc.[p]Whisk enough liquid into the mayo until you have a sauce that is brushable but not too thin (again, whatever makes you happy here works!)...[p]Add black pepper, salt, sugar (or Splenda) to your tastes - I sometimes add garlic powder, a touch of hot sauce, horseradish, rubs of your choice, etc.... add whatever you like - it won't be bad![p]You can brush on during the last few minutes of cooking (I like to do this), or just brush on (or dunk the chick in!) right after cooking - serve more for dipping![p]White sauce is the food of the gods![p]- Andy
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    UncleMark,
    Here's one from the food channel. Dr. bbq has one in his book as well.
    Cheers, Bob[p]Big Bob's Gibson's White Sauce
    Recipe courtesy Bob Gibson's BBQ
    See this recipe on air Friday May. 27 at 2:00 AM ET/PT.
    Show: Paula's Home Cooking
    Episode: Paula's Southern BBQ[p]Recipe Summary
    Difficulty: Easy
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Yield: about 1 cup[p]
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
    2 tablespoons apple cider[p]Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.[p]This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.

• T-47
    T-47 Posts: 84
    Options
    bobbyb,
    I made this sauce as one of the choices for a family reunion this past weekend and it was a hit.

• Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    UncleMark,[p]Is it typically used on Chicken? Anything else?
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    SmokinBoB,[p]We've used it on beef,chicken, pork and even lamb. I freaking love that stuff. I bought Big bob's and made Dr.BBQ's, and I like Ray's better.[p]YUMMY!!