Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chili Cheese Dog Fatty

I decided to whip one up for the Nebraska game yesterday.  These have been a big hit every time I've done them.

Mix 1 lb. of 80/20 ground beef with 1 lb. of Jimmy Dean Hot pork sausage.  Form into a square on top of a wax paper covered cutting board and sprinkle with Dizzy Dust.

Then add Wolf's Chili with no beans, onions, hotdogs and cheese leaving about a one inch border.

Using the wax paper roll each end over the hot dogs and seal the seams.

Now make a bacon weave and roll it around the fatty.

Onto the BGE indirect at 250* dome with apple and cherry chunks.  Cook until the center (hot dogs) reach 150*.  I painted it with some Blue's Hog sauce the last 30 minutes.

Let it rest for a few minutes, slice and serve.  If any of you have a Cardiologist, don't show them this!!

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    looks awesome , have yet to do one but will soon 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    Looks good and very creative. I have done a couple fatties, but just some basic ones. Go Big Red!!
    ·
  • Bookmarked. I'm doing my first bacon explosion Saturday. But this will be on list soon.
    Boom
    ·
  • My arteries are clogging just looking at it
    :x
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,192
    Great idea. Gonna try this one soon but I think I'll leave the dogs out and maybe add some more cheese.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Close to something I made once. It did not help my cardiac situation much but was it ever good !!

>:/
    Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
    ·
  • Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind... don't matter !
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,983
    You sir, are an artiste. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109

Being a HUSKER  die hard myself I sure hope those were Fairbury dogs...if not have to give you a fail. GO BIG RED.

:))
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 383

Did you eat this, or did the Huskers?  13-7 against Iowa?  Holy cow, they looked flat. Looking forward to see them stomp a mudhole in Wisconsin this Saturday! 

GBR! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • tdbmdtdbmd Posts: 41
    Dude, I thought you could only make this monster once per year, doctor's orders!
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,433
    rontho said:

Being a HUSKER  die hard myself I sure hope those were Fairbury dogs...if not have to give you a fail. GO BIG RED.

Well of course they were!!  Official hot dog of Husker nation!!

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    BOWHUNR said:
    rontho said:

Well of course they were!!  Official hot dog of Husker nation!!

Mike

I love you man.....GBR
    ·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    Over the top!!!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·
  • Have to include the Fairburys if you're a Husker:-) It looks great. Thanks for sharing and GBR!!!
    ·
  • about how long did it take to get to 150?
    Brandon, MS
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,433
    about how long did it take to get to 150?
    Just a little shy of three hours.

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Instead of the hot dogs use some good sausage like chorizo or hot Italian.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·