Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cowlick chilli - damn this looks good!

Options
Been planning on doing this for a couple of months! Fun to make and I expect it to taste awesome. I will let you know in about an two more hours.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Let me know how it turns out. This is on my list to make.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Options
    My buddy just brought over prosciutto wrapped jalapeño stuffed cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic and herbs.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Zick said:
    My buddy just brought over prosciutto wrapped jalapeño stuffed cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic and herbs.
    Those look damn good, and I bet they are! Let us know
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    I've made this chili before...  You're right, it is dang good.  :)
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    I made this a few weeks ago and everybody thought it was great, used pecan to smoke it and it was really good!

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cobrastrike
    Options
    Only chili I'll make....love this stuff!
  • yumdinger
    Options
    I Love it too, found that most of the heat comes from the Rotel.  Sorry to say my family wanted me to dial it back a bit for my second batch.  I used the Mild Rotel but left everything else, turned out very good as well but some of the edge was taken off the heat.

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Options
    Came out great but had requests to have less smoke. Put two large pieces of hickory and it over powered it a bit much. Next time1/2-1/3 as much wood
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    my FIL just finished off the batch i made a couple of weeks back..  he said that last bowl he had was smokin hot compared to when i first gave it to him :))
  • egginator
    Options
    I made it sort of on Friday with left over turkey.  I say sort of, because I used beer in lieu of wine, added chicken stock, used Anaheim peppers from the garden, used diced tomatoes rather than Rotel.  Added home made smoked pepper powder that had a lot of cayenne and some really hot upright yellow South American pepper in it.     Basically totally different except the cow lick.  I guess the moral of the story is that the cowlick makes it awesome.  

Ed
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    I made this chili 2 weeks ago.  It is, without a doubt, the best chili I have ever made.  It was gone in 25 minutes and that recipe makes a big pot.  The heat was not 5 alarm, but everybody doesn't like nuclear hot chili anyway.  It still had the sissies whining that it was too hot.  I loved it.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!