Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need airy/fluffy roll recipe pls

krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have now tested 4 batches of rolls using diff recipes/flours...I've not been able to produce what I consider a winner. I want a roll that will pull apart in thin layers almost (if that makes sense), extremely light, delicate and tasty. I've had this type in many restaurants.

I've used plain AP flour, bread flour and SAF instant yeast. The bread flour ones were best-8/10. They were a little lighter than the AP flour ones. I let them rise til doubled, got temp of milk correct etc...please help!!!!
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• MJQ8
    MJQ8 Posts: 43

Try allrecipies.com or one of the shows such as foodnetwork.com or thechew.com.

Any cook you can walk away from is a good one.
  • I've never heard of the chew but I will def look into it. Thanks for the tip. I'm now on batch 5 in 5 days. I used a little more yeast. I sure hate wasting so much flour, but I'm determined. Best to perfect it on non-holiday time
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA