Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork butt help...

Options
Just realized I bought bonless shoulders by mistake... Will this decrease cook time? Anyone have suggestions on if I need to do anything differently? Also was planning on a quasi- turbo. Also trying out the new cyberQ today... Hope this makes sleep easier next time I do an overnight.
Greensboro, NC

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Same way, no difference. Cook to 205 or so.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    IrishDevl said:
    Same way, no difference. Cook to 205 or so.
    +1 and the cyberq will make sleep easy . i have one and love it holds temp perfectly on both my eggs and the LBGE has no gasket to speak of and still holds the temp perfectly 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    I have teenagers to stay up during my cooks so I haven't invested in a cyber q yet- but I know it is in my future...  This weekend we have cousin teenagers staying with us so there was bonding last night watching over my brisket while I slept- I love that (the bonding and the sleep) :)
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I've only done bone out a few times, but it seems slower than bone in. No important difference, tho'.

Altho' I don't like the results of a turbo cook as much as the usual low temp, no foil method, I had a 6+ pounder finish in just 7.5 hours. I don't have a problem getting up at night to check, but the result was good enough that it made me seriously consider not planning any more overnight cooks.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Turned out great- best ones to date. Love the temp controller. Thanks for help guys
    Greensboro, NC