Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you like LEAST about your egg?

Options
13»

Comments

• Tano
    Tano Posts: 4
    Options
    I love my egg, it is an awesome creation.  "It is what it is", we know there expensive, heavy, and there is a never ending learning curve.  These are the qualities that lend it to having a following of egg heads.  Oh don't forget the amazing food you can produce on the BIG GREEN EGG.
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    Made my own accessories for a total cost of $9.00.  My little compact scooper fits the radius inside the bottom of the ash chamber.  I completely remove all internal components about once a month.  In the interim I just remove the fire grate and scoop it out, then I get my shop vac.  If you use the shop vac to do the whole job the filter gets clogged too quick.  I think the hinge system could have been better designed.  I paid $880 for my rig and I think it is worth every penny, however, at that price range I think the components should be top drawer.  I also made my own spider and adjustable rig.  I save my bucks for grilling meats.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    Options
    For those of you that don't like the transportability of the egg, check this out.  My buddy made it in an hour or so out of 2x4's and some plywood.  The smaller cross member comes on and off with 2 wing nuts.  You take it off set it on the ground and put around the egg like a horseshoe.  Put the smaller brace back on and 2 people can pick it right up.  It works awesome.
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI