Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Considering new egg--placement question

I'm considering buying the Large Egg and I have a L shaped back porch with brick floors with about 10 foot ceilings.   Would the porch be a suitable location to cook on the egg despite the roof/ceiling--I was thinking I could store the egg up next to the house and then roll to the corner of the L for cooking.       The porch is about 10 feet long, so I would be a reasonable distance from the house, but would the ceiling pose any fire or other safety hazards? 

Unfortunately I don't have any paved or bricked areas in my backyard not covered with a roof, and the porch has about 2 steps, so having the egg on the porch would be by far the most convenient option.  

Any experiences or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.

Comments