Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick replacement probe issue

Options
So i plug it in it reads 68. Close enough my other thermometer reads 68.5. I double check the spent probes. They are spent. I double check the new probe. It reads 136 (2x68). Thoughts? I've about had it with maverick.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I can't track what you're asking.  I've been using two Mav's  for almost a year with no problems.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Most users simply overexpose the wires to heat.    They safely can handle 375 direct heat, means you really need to stay in the 200's (smoking temps) for longtime results.  JMO

Fire and electronics don't always work well together.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    Smitty this one hasn't seen 120 it's brand new.

Doc brand new prob reads double the temperature. I've fried probes before by getting them wet. Bunk out of the box is a new one on me.