Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CyberQ

I'd really like a digiQ, cyberQ, stoker,etc. any recommendations? Can all be accessed via smart phone now? CyberQ set up seems pretty difficult to set up.

Comments

• i have cyber q and can't get set up...says I have signal but not showing up...very frustrated. Someone else had the same issue and got it replaced. Their hours are not very customer friendly so I have yet to be able to call for help. I work 8-5, they work something like 8 or 9-4. do not answer at lunch..so I'm stuck. The temp control is spot on...just not able to use the wifi. I've had it 3-4 mos. Perhaps someone will chime in and help...Good luck. I think any of those 3 would be good.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Thanks for the info krobertsmsn. Their instructions on their website looked way over my head. Leaning toward the guru now.
  • i have cyber q and can't get set up...says I have signal but not showing up...very frustrated. Someone else had the same issue and got it replaced. Their hours are not very customer friendly so I have yet to be able to call for help. I work 8-5, they work something like 8 or 9-4. do not answer at lunch..so I'm stuck. The temp control is spot on...just not able to use the wifi. I've had it 3-4 mos. Perhaps someone will chime in and help...Good luck. I think any of those 3 would be good.
    I had issues with the wifi and once we had corrected the password issue and worked through getting it set up I realized that everything they walked me through was in the instructions...DOH!

I did not know the difference between WPA and WPA Phrase....mine was WPA Phrase once that was corrected I was able to get it to link to my home wifi and monitor with my smartphone (Andriod), appearantly there is issues with linking to several phones through the adhoc mode as phone makers are making their phone not recognize this mode.

Try going through the instructions again very carefully ( I rushed, therefor I missed things!) If not take the time to get with them (not only are their hours odd but they are not always able to help when you call and take a number to call you back)

Good Luck
  • thank you. I will try again, for the fourth time. perhapsI did overlook something...

LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • krobertsmsnYou didn't overlook anything. There have been many discussions about this since the spring. Here's a link to a discussion on the Brethren.

There are problems with certain routers working with the CyberQ Wifi and it wasn't addressed in firmware upgrade v1.1. I use a dedicated access point so that my CyberQ Wifi can connect to my network. 

I can't recommend the CyberQ Wifi for most users until they fix infrastructure mode to make it more reliable. 
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA