Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MINI Ribeye Dinner

Geez...I feel like I've been slacking. Its Friday already and I've only cooked once on the Egg this week. Granted, we've had our first "Real" cold front of the year, no it didn't get that cold, but it made Mrs. G want some comfort food. So we've had chicken 'n dumplins one night. I had a chili cookoff at work this week, so the night before I had to do some quality control and taste it and that was dinner another night (not done on the Egg cause the pot I needed to use was too big too fit. Oh, and BTW, I won  :) ) Got lazy last night and ordered pizza...gasp! (we didn't have fixin's on hand and I wasn't going to the store) But, we did have a steak Monday night that I kept forgetting to post.

Taters boiling away for mashed taters while steak was coming up to room temp

Not a big ole honker steak like some people here cook, but just enough for Mrs. G and I. Simply seasoned with salt and pepper. Cut some notches in the fat thinking it would keep it from curling up.

On the MINI at 650F. Looks like it curled up right where I cut the notches anyway. So much for that idea

Pulled the steak and set it aside to rest. Was impressed by how quickly the MINI dropped from 650 to 350 just shutting the vents down a little. Was able to cook the aspara-goose over a tamer fire than what it was when it was roaring at 650

Plated it up with some taters, the aspara-goose, some sliced maters and halved the steak up between us.

Nothing fancy, but it sure did hit the spot. Really lovin' cooking on this MINI. So much fun.

Note to self...stop taking pictures on the brown plates. They never come out looking good. Oh well.  :P

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments